job summary: Fund Accountant / Accounting Analyst $60,000-$75,000 base plus bonus This is a career-defining opportunity to switch into one of the most lucrative and interesting Industries in the market. This role will leverage someone coming from a tax or audit foundation and train them in various areas of accounting, financial analysis, valuation, investor relations, and ad hoc executive reporting. This will has a loyal tenure team that is focused on acquisitions, and ventures. To find out more please email John Evans : John.Evans@randstadusa.com
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 74,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: Fund Accounting is responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting entries required to prepare NAV packages, monthly and quarterly investor reports, capital call statements, distribution notices, and other client deliverables. Each member of Fund Accounting has a dedicated group of Funds that they are responsible for preparing with the assistance of their Analyst(s). Funds fall into one of four market sectors - Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Real Estate Funds. The team will work closely with Financial Control who will be responsible for providing final sign-off and review functionality. Fund Accounting also works closely with Client Service Account Managers. Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurate and timely generation of client deliverables related to the NAV process including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Create limited FS tables such as BS, IS, SOI, SCNA, etc.
- Interact directly with clients on weekly/monthly calls and ad-hoc as required.
- Coordinate with Client Service team to manage deadlines and client expectations.
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures.
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations.
- Build relationships with responsive, confident communications and attention to detail.
- Self-review work prior to submitting for review.
- Participate in interactions with external SOC 1 and fund-client auditors.
qualifications: Experience, Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred, or commensurate work experience.
- 1+ years of accounting experience- preferably in the financial services industry, but not required.
- Must have the drive and personality to demonstrate ownership over assigned tasks as well as good client relationship and technical accounting skills.
If interested in learning more please reach out to John Evans with Randstad.
skills: Corporate Tax, Fund Accounting, CPA, Mutual Fund Accounting, Valuations, CPA Candidate, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.