job summary: AR Specialist
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialists
in San Diego county. Applicants must have the following skills and experience:
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $48,000 - 52,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Responsibilities :
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions form lock box and local deposits.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by microfilming invoices, debits, and credits.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with collections department.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing report.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- 2+ years of AR experience
- Exposure to an ERP system and experience in Excel
- Monitoring aging reports
- Cash receipts and bank deposits
- Assisting with month-end close
- Various administrative functions
If this sounds like you please click below to Apply and one of our recruiters will reach out to you as soon as possible.
skills: Accounts Receivable, Aging Receivables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.