Top International Law Firm is currently seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our winning Emerging Companies practice.
The Senior Corporate Paralegal will receive a generous total compensation package. Bonuses are awarded in recognition of individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in a comprehensive benefit program including healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k plan, and more! In addition, employees receive 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will contribute your expertise to assist Corporate attorneys in the coordination of all phases of a company's life-cycle (from formation to public company reporting) and transactions (from inception through closing). You should maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff. Your responsibilities as a Senior Corporate Paralegal will include the willingness and ability to support the needs of both internal and external clients while performing these and other critical functions:
- Forming and maintaining various business entities including corporations and limited liability companies.
- Maintaining minute books and other corporate records, including capitalization information.
- Drafting and preparing minutes, consents, stock certificates and related transfer documents, officer certificates and related basic corporate and commercial documents.
- Researching state corporate laws regarding foreign qualifications, blue sky compliance and other matters.
- Drafting and arranging for UCC filings, amendments, extensions and terminations relating primarily to secured transactions, and conducting computerized lien searches.
- Preparing and filing appropriate documents with the SEC (Section 16 filings, including Forms 3, 4 and 5, as well as applying for EDGAR filing codes, when necessary, and Form D and Schedules 13D/G).
- Preparing closing checklists, coordinating closings, preparing signature pages and following up on post-closing items, including preparation of related closing indices and binders.
- Mentoring and training junior paralegals and project assistants.
As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. A Bachelor's degree (and signed declaration if located in a California office), or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program is required. We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of six (6) years of paralegal experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and possess the ability to work independently. Additionally, the candidate must have a thorough knowledge of state corporation laws and federal and state securities laws and regulations.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com and include your resume.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.