Privately Held 40 Hour a Week Senior Accountant opportunity in Elkridge MD
$75k -85k base plus incentives
This right hand to the CFO will be guiding month end close, gl operations, financial statement preparation, budgeting forecasting, erp assistance and executive reporting and analysis. The ability to work with leadership, manufacturing/inventory, M&A assistance, and lead process improvement. Ideal candidate will have full cycle accounting GL skills, month end close, CPA preferred, and strong MS Excel skills.
location: Jessup, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Conducts timely and accurate financial closing and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis), including journal entries and creation of financial reports
- Responsible for month end account reconciliations and related journal entries, including bank accounts, accrued liability accounts, and other balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Serve as back-up for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, when necessary
- Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for all department heads and key business activities including answering financial questions regarding revenue, expenses, budget, productivity, staffing, new lines of business, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Accounting Certifications (CPA, CMA) and/or MBA preferred, but not required
- A minimum of 4-6 years' experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.