We are working with one of our clients located in West Chester, PA who is looking to hire a Tax Preparer - Bookkeeper. The primary function of this position is to assist with the Preparation of Federal, State and local tax returns and perform tax, bookkeeping and accounting functions for a Tax practice.
location: West Chester, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Handles tax return preparation and data entry assisting attorneys/CPA for th efirm. Firm uses ProSeries tax software.
- Reviews prior year tax returns and handles data entry of current year information provided b client for tax year.
- Emails necessary notes to Attorneys.
- Scans and assembles final tax returns and transfers to a records maintenance system.
- Enters information into clients' software systems.
- Must have good understanding of taxes.
- Prepares and reviews income tax returns for individuals and related entities including LLCs, partnerships, trusts, quarterly estimated income tax projections and estimated tax payments, and other tax and financial analysis.
- May perform tax research and serve as a source to paralegals and attorneys for tax planning issues.
- Keep up-to-date on current tax laws involving individuals and related entities and inform clients of relevant tax developments.
- Performs bookkeeping and accounting functions.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business/Tax preferred.
- Minimum of 2 or more years' experience in accounting, tax, and administration.
- Requires skills and experience in bookkeeping, accounting, law firm, ProSeries tax software, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Products.
- Requires experience in a law or other professional service firm environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer/technology skills.
If interested please send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: ADP Taxware
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.