One of our clients is looking for someone that can own the process as a Senior Accountant!
You will provide day to day support accounting processes and financial reporting. You will own all your tasks and processes with a strong attention to detail, an organized approach and long-term vision!!!
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Connect with the Finance Manager on monthly close processes for all entities including/not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts as well as conduct reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Input day to day sales data for all entities and revenue streams, reconcile any discrepancies.
- Reconcile deferred revenue balances on a monthly basis to ensure proper timing of recognition.
- Implement system/process improvements where needed
- Work with licensing partners for weekly reimbursement of expenses. Reconcile any discrepancies.
- Manage expense reporting for corporate card users. Reconcile monthly statements and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Input weekly payroll journal entry. Reconcile entry to payroll registers and to weekly bank activity.
- Conduct periodic audits of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Assist in external audit - File monthly and quarterly indirect taxes. Research local taxability of products sold to ensure compliance and verify proper taxes are collected at the point of sale.
- Ad-hoc projects to assist the Finance Manager.
- Manage AP activity as well as ensure invoices are paid on-time /oversee AR activity and ensure outstanding balances are collected promptly
- Bachelor's Degree required, degree in Accounting
- CPA mandatory & 2-4 years of experience; public accounting exp is a plus
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP Solid foundation working with Excel and ability to adapt to new software
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experienc with ERP Implementation
skills: General Ledger, Journal Entries, CPA, Financial Audit, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.