A Naugatuck area distribution company is seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee a team of 3. The Accounting Manager will be part of a small, hands-on team and partner very closely with the CFO.
To be successful in this role, a candidate must have prior experience as an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller in a small, hands-on environment where they have had to wear a lot of different hats. The Accounting Manager will perform HR functions and support IT, product costing and tax reporting.
location: Naugatuck, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Financial analysis and actual to budget variance reporting
- Maintain forecasting and budgeting model using Advanced Excel skills
- Supervise Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections and office support staff
- Perform Payroll and Human Resource functions for approximately 50 employees
- Prepare work papers in compliance with GAAP and assist outside auditors
- Oversee inter-company transactions.
- Analyze financial statements
- Serve as finance team lead for annual physical inventory
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by CFO.
- BS in Accounting/Finance, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing an accounting team in a small company environment, with exposure to all areas of the company.
- Strong ERP systems
- Understanding of inventory is required
: $90-115K plus discretionary bonus, excellent benefit plan!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.