Established and successful hardware/software company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their growing team to be a leader in the department. Responsibilities will include handling the general ledger, analyzing financials, and some cost accounting.
location: Scotts Valley, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules, sales tax analysis and financial statements.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances.
- Prepare and review a variety of financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balances, balance sheets, income statements and other related reports.
- Lead, mentor, and provide support to a team of 3 (one general accountant and two staff accountants)
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements or classification of transactions.
- Evaluate monthly financial results with Assistant Controller noting business results and trends.
- Act as a resource during the annual audit.
- Perform special projects, as required, to assist the department and the Company in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Prepares and processes computerized ADP payroll for US employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Maintains payroll records.
- Reconciles payroll information as required by accounting per pay period and annual tracking.
- Partners with HR staff in the benefits administration process to ensure all deductions are accurate and timely.
- Monitors deductions for annual limits (401k, FSA, etc.).
- Maintains all payroll records in an efficient, orderly and secure manner.
- Prepares and verifies all assigned Journal entries relating to payroll, benefits and deductions. Reconciles entries and computer year-to-date figures in preparation for year end.
- Reconciles payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Ideally, prior public accounting experience.
- 3+ years of related accounting experience with demonstrated progression.
- CPA or CPA-tracking preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems required. Ideally, experience with Epicor and Adaptive Insights, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- On top of the exciting career opportunity, this organization offers a competitive compensation plan including strong benefits such as profit sharing and safe harbor (401K) contributions.
For immediate and confidential consideration, contact me at email@example.com.
skills: Journal Entries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.