Fast growing beverage company relocating from LA to Norwalk is in search of a Human Resources Generalist on a permanent part time basis.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources Generalist on a permanent part time basis to administer a variety of human resources programs.The ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR and an entrepreneurial mind set.
location: Norwalk, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to noon
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Maintains employee-related databases. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
- Guides managers in the implementation of the performance management process and procedure.
- Conducts in-house employee training including new employee orientation, annual benefits enrollment, management development, etc.
- Manages the recruitment process for all employees using the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
- Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary structure and the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises.
- Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist employees with any claim issues.
- Administers disability, paid family leave and worker's compensation claims.
- Update employee handbook
- Bachelor's Degree required
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) credential preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' HR Generalist experience
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Office (all programs)
- Experience in recruiting
- Excellent communication skills
- Organized and a self starter
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.