One of the nation's largest pipe manufacturers is seeking a Cash Applications Specialist to join its growing team. On a daily basis, this person will ensure the proper posting of cash receipts, assist the Credit Department as necessary, and provide regular reports on Cash Apps activities.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Daily posting of cash receipts to customer accounts in the Accounts Receivables system
- Balancing of the AR to the GL on a daily & monthly basis
- Assist the Accounting Dept. in reconciling cash receipts, via check, wire, or ACH when necessary
- Processing and resolution of payment application exceptions
- Processing short payments, partial payments, and customer deductions that arise through cash application
- Track, monitor, document and assist in the resolution of these items, using both the AR as well as the Intelex systems
- Provide regular reports on the cash application exceptions
- Routine Maintenance and Updating of Credit files
- Update credit files by obtaining new D&B's, current financials, and reference checks
- Assist in the set-up of new accounts by sending reference checks, setting up files, and obtain D&B's where necessary
- Process requests for certificates of insurance (COI) for 3rd parties
- Maintain file for COI's received from 3rd parties
- Assist in the release of orders on Credit Hold
- Assist with maintenance of insurance schedules; auto listing, statement of values, and insurance policy schedule
- Must have minimum of 5 years of AR Cash application in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Accounting background
- Proficient in Excel
If you are a self-starter who is looking to join a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing team, apply now!
skills: Excel, Accounts Receivable, Cash Applications, Credit Analysis, Corporate Credit, Commercial Credit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.