Our client, a large manufacturer in the Hartford, CT area, is looking for a tax manger . This is a terrific opportunity for an individual that has a strong blend of both public and corporate tax experience. Candidate must have indepth knowledge and experience with consolidated Federal, State Income and Franchise Tax Returns, inclusive of Foreign Informational Tax forms (5471, 8858, 8865); Tax research, managing state tax audits and assisting the Tax Director with Federal tax issues and audits; Support for tax financial accounting and reporting and other issues (ASC740, FIN48, etc.). Play a key role in the operation of the Corporate Tax Department. Manage the preparation and review of government returns and external financial reports. Assist the Director of Tax with tax savings projects as needed.
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Responsible for the review and oversight of preparation of Consolidated Federal Tax Return, State Income and Franchise Tax Returns, Foreign Informational Tax Returns (5471,8858,8865)
- Manage and develop entry level tax accountant
- Serve as a key tax contact, working closely with the other groups within the businesses
- Assist with Fin-48 analysis
- Work with Tax Reporting Group to assist with Deferred tax analysis and analysis/review of foreign forecast/actual reports review
- Identify and implement process improvements relating to U.S. tax Compliance process.
- Provide assistance with quarterly and year end ASC740 deferred taxes, consolidated state income tax provision, and other tax calculations for financial reporting purposes.
- Coordinate with accounting department (internally and externally), to obtain appropriate information necessary in completing tax filings and calculating certain quarterly tax provision items.
- Preparation of information requests and responses for Federal and state tax audits.
- Review estimated Federal and State Income and Franchise tax payments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong skills in written/verbal communication, organizational ability, and proven analytical and project management skills
- Public tax experience is a plus, but not necessary
- Strong tax compliance technical skills
- High ethical standards, personal integrity and attention to compliance risks
- Self-starter, result-oriented, with high level of energy and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to quickly establish credibility and trust, and work effectively across multiple functional areas
- Strong skills in MS Office software with expertise in Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint are preferred
skills: Tax Research, Tax Compliance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.