A Hotel in the Highland Park area is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing team.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 2 Years
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Oversee the corporate level accounting processes as well as on-property
- Journal entries including prepaid schedules, reclassifying transactions, accruals and miscellaneous adjustments.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly financial statements including the income statement and balance sheet.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly and quarterly tax returns including
- Month-end reconciliations to ensure balance sheets are accurate
- Analytical expert for the hotels to provide insights and support for optimal business decisions.
- Assist in annual budgeting processes, forecasts, and special projects as assigned.
- Work with property accounting staff to ensure the accurate completion of Income Audit, Cashiering, AP, AR, and month-end processing.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Experience with accounting systems
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports and identify potential inconsistencies
- Demonstrate initiative
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in financial roles within a hospitality environment
skills: Journal Entries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.