job summary: DESCRIPTION
Review contracts and apply GAAP in the determination of the appropriate revenue recognition treatment. Ensure appropriate documentation exists to support conclusions. Identify accounting issues and to monitor compliance with revenue recognition policies. Stay current on current revenue recognition pronouncements and communicate changes as needed.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
responsibilities: GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews contracts and applies GAAP in the determination of the appropriate revenue recognition treatment.
- Completes the revenue recognition documentation for contracts as required
- Acts as a consultant to the business divisions on the expected contract revenue recognition based on the proposed contract structure and terms.
- Coordinates the completion of Standard Selling Price analyses as required.
- Coordinates the completion of revenue footnote disclosures within quarterly and annual financial statements
- Coordinates and works closely with external and internal auditors to ensure timely completion of quarterly review and annual audit procedures. Maintains and administers an effective control environment over the external financial reporting process.
- Assists with assessment and implementation of future accounting initiatives
- Identifies efficiencies & recommends enhancements to management.
- Identifies, researches & resolves all issues related to revenue recognition.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
qualifications: EDUCATIONAL GUIDELINES
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience. CPA preferred. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of financial accounting standards.
- Ability to understand accounting and financial processes, methodologies, concepts and have good knowledge of GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Must be proficient in MS word, Excel, and Power Point software programs.
- Experience dealing with complexity and managing multiple projects and processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work with all levels of managers throughout the company in analyzing financial situations
- Ability to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks
If qualified, please apply online. Contact Jenna Jones- firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: CPA, Revenue Recognition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.