Do you have 2 - 5 years of prior experience in public accounting with an audit practice serving either publicly or privately-held companies in a variety of industries?
Our client, one of the world's largest professional services network of independent accounting and consulting member firms, is looking for a Senior Audit Associates to add to its team for a 3-4 months project
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Performing audits, reviews, compilations, and agreed-upon-procedures
- Manage all aspects of an engagement from start to finish, including client contact, staff supervision, job completion
- Planning the engagement, performing fieldwork, preparation of full disclosure financial statements and required reports for management and regulating agencies, performing other non-audit accounting services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/task on a timely basis while monitoring time spent
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed. - Work with audit team to identify and resolve client issues discovered during audit process.
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. 150 semester hours of education preferred and a CPA or eligibility to sit is highly desirable.
- Two to four years of progressive public accounting experience with in-charge auditing. - Strong technical accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and audit preparation software.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.