As the Corporate Controller, you will have the opportunity to provide financial guidance throughout the organization. As the leader of an internal accounting staff you will ensure that financial reporting is done in a timely and accurate manner, while adhering to the proper compliance with GAAP. The ideal candidate will take a hands-on approach to the role, seeking out opportunities to reduce costs, prevent loss, and support the overall initiatives of the company as a whole.
location: Hopkins, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operational oversight of the accounting department.
- Control a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight to AP/AR departments to ensure timeliness of payments and collection.
- Accountability of cash flow for needs throughout organization.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain a timely procedure for payment of required debts.
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Set a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure financial statement completion, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Issue calculated financial and operating metrics.
- Budget preparation via scheduling, analyzing, consolidation of financial data.
- Report budget variances issues.
- Information preparation for quarterly external auditor review, as well as annual audit.
- Debt level management and compliance with covenants.
- Adhere to state, local and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Apply compliant practices to customer contractual reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to present information to board and upper management.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Hands on approach to management and involvement with the rest of the organization.
- Ability to work well with the executive level of the organization, remained composed in high stress situations, and deal with a wide range of responsibilities.
- Conducts themselves in an ethical and professional manner.
- Proper comprehension of financial journal reports and other legal documentation or instructions, as well as analysis and interpretation capabilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA a plus. CPA required.
- Four or more years as a Controller or Asst. Controller.
- Accounting experience for $50 million + public company.
- At least 6 years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role.
- At least 4 years of experience with manufacturing or production companies.
To be considered for this position, please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.