Randstad Professionals is currently seeking a Purchasing Specialist
for a local manufacturing company in Richmond, VA.
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Plans for and purchases materials, according to the master production schedule
- Monitors and adjusts work in progress, schedules and delivery of finished goods to ensure schedule meets customer requirements. Involves interaction with customers, sales and production teams.
- Ensures material availability through accurate inventory monitoring, purchasing and follow up - to include outside suppliers
- Create purchase orders
- Negotiate with vendors
- Cultivate vendor relationships
- Monitor market data such as price variability
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to understand ongoing needs
- Use data to impact product selection
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in Business
- 3 years experience as a Planner/Buyer, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Lean and MRP systems
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Certification in Purchasing preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.