job summary: Human Resources Director Currently working with an established professional services organization with 70+ people in Oakland, CA that is looking for an HR Director that can oversee all their HR operations, recruiting, onboarding/offboarding, benefits administration, compliance, etc. Would like someone that is educated and knowledgeable within human resources that can work well in a close team environment. Long term growth potential into more of a Chief of Staff type role if candidate is interested in pursing that option.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
1. Manage all recruiting and hiring for the firm including student/intern recruiting.
2. Develop and direct the process for performance evaluations.
3. Handle discipline, warnings and termination. Oversee exit interviews.
4. Execute new employee on-boarding, including introductions, review firm policies/procedures and explanation/enrollment of firm benefits, mentor assignments and training.
5. Maintain personnel files. Keep information current on each employee's personal data, benefits, performance evaluations, CPE and professional development.
6. Maintain personnel manual in accordance with applicable employment laws and guidelines. Recommend policy changes/updates and stay current on all issues.
7. Communicate and administer employee benefits program. Recommend revisions to benefits package to stay competitive. Analyze benefit options and cost comparisons.
8. Develop and maintain job descriptions for the entire firm.
9. Develop and direct the mentor program for the firm.
10. Work directly with the partner group to review staffing levels and make recommendations for changes. Prepare cost forecasts for staffing.
11. Evaluate and monitor staffing capacity and backlogs utilizing firm software (XCM and Practice Management)
12. Perform analysis of human resources trends (e.g., turnover, hiring, promotions, performance, compensation) and collaborate with partners on revising and implementing policies and procedures to address them.
13. Coordinate the firm's training/CPE program.
14. Keep abreast of developments in the human resources field.
15. Ensure that the firm complies with labor laws
16. Develop strong working knowledge of firm software (XCM, Practice Management, Excel and Word)
Required Knowledge, Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Requires at least seven years of HR experience
3. Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely and with diplomacy.
- Prior experience in professional services is preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player
- Knowledge of best practices, HR laws, policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.