Want to make a big move with the top Ocean Logistics Transportation company in the United States? Are you bilingual English/Spanish? My client is seeking a Human Resources Specialist. The optimal Human Resources Specialist will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist, two (2) years of working exclusively with employee relations, possess a Bachelor's Degree, and be able to speak, read, and write English and Spanish at a fluent level preferred. Step into the role of Human Resources Specialist where you will be responsible for Employee Relations, perform investigations, as well as step in to help with other Generalist duties.
Now is the time to reduce your commute, and work for a company known for its stability!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $52,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Monitors employment practices to identify and proactively rectify adverse impact.
- Perform investigations related to Discrimination and or Harassment claims (within scope of authority) or any other type of complaint or grievance ensuring full compliance with applicable Federal, State and local laws or ordinances.
- Perform investigations promptly and as needed when addressing employee complaints or grievances.
- Responsible for reviewing disciplinary activity and for tracking employee relations metrics such as turnover, complaints, discipline, etc.
- Address employee relation matters and interprets regulations and policies as appropriate and consistently
- Ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organization's policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive Employee Relations culture within the business, while minimizing risks.
- Stay abreast of any changes in applicable employment laws and ensure to communicate to management as well as any update in the company's Human Resource policies.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in training and development.
- Helps to enforce directives advising department managers of company policy regarding employment, compensation, employee benefits, training and labor relations.
- Prepares and maintains, SOP and training manuals for various areas in HR as well as provide support during audits.
- Attends seminars and educational programs relevant to duties and responsibilities
- May assist in the management and administration of the company's compensation programs, ensuring legal and equitable pay practices
- May conduct exit interviews, prepares separation trend analysis, and makes recommendations on ways to improve retention
- May provide support with performance appraisals ensuring that they are completed, submitted and received in a timely manner.
- Perform other additional related duties as assigned Provide support during audits
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, completeness, compliance and confidentiality
- Perform other additional related duties as assigned
- Must be Bilingual with the ability to read, write, and speak English & Spanish at an Advanced level in a business environment
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent Experience as an HR Generalist in a fast pace corporate environment.
- A minimum of two (2) solid years working exclusively with employee relations issues in a large, fast paced company.
- Possess a progressive experience assessing and guiding management on how to avert, deal and properly handle employee relations issues.
- Evidenced experience investigating Title VII complaints
- Working knowledge of OFCCP, EEOC roles and EEO, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, PDA, VEVRAA rules, laws, guidelines andother applicable local, state and federal laws and practice areas, policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree in Organizational Psychology and/or related to the HR field. Or currently near completion of degree in HR Management or current SHRM Certification (PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
- Must have Advanced Computer skills in programs such as MS Word, Excel & Outlook, etc.
- Must have an advanced communication skill in order to communicate at different levels throughout the organization and with exterior organizations, candidates, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive employee relations and partner with senior management to drive HR and Business initiatives
- Must be able to accurately process alpha/numeric information
- Ability to prepare a variety of reports
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, multitask and possess strong initiative
- Possess organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, vendors and fellow employees
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to think logically, establish and follow procedures, instructions and make sound decisions
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within established systems and procedures
- Possess high energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, holidays, and/or weekends as needed
- Proficiency with HRIS systems is a plus
- Prior experience of working with companies with an established Affirmative Action Plan
- Possess experience in contract negotiation
- Preparing for litigation and dealing with counsel requests
skills: Spanish, Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.