Randstad is seeking a high caliber Senior Accountant for an excellent company in Lake Forest, IL. The Senior Accountant will compile, analyze, post, and report financial information, reconcile various balance sheet accounts and provide assistance to the Corporate Controller. Responsibilities will include financial analysis, special projects and ad hoc reporting. This individual will have exposure to internal business partners and business leaders.
location: Lake Forest, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Ensure all Accounts Payable activities are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley, and TSI requirements and regulations.
- Supervise the daily functions and activities associated with the Accounts Payable department to ensure expenses and liabilities of the company are accurately reported and compliant with internal and external reporting regulations and outstanding payments are paid within a specified timeframe.
- Perform various accounting activities including financial analysis, account reconciliation, adhoc reporting and special projects as assigned.
- Analyzes and reports on accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Assists with accumulating support and preparing schedules for internal and external audits.
- Performs technical accounting research and works with business unit leaders to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for ensuring all financial records, accounts, filings, and ad hoc requests are completed accurately and in compliance with GAAP and TSI policies and procedures.
- Knowledge, understanding, compliance, and enforcement of all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Must have 4 year degree, CPA preferred
- SAP is a must
- 3+ years Senior Accountant experience
- Ability to work individually and as a team member in a fast-paced changing environment. Ability to lead employees and lead by example.
- Embraces change and is comfortable in an environment of continuous improvement
- Proficient in Excel, Access and PowerPoint with the ability to create complicated reports.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.