Do you want to make a direct impact on a company and the direction of it's growth? Do you have experience working as a Plant Controller? Step into the role of Plant Controller where you will be overseeing a plant that is part of one of the leaders in providing highly specialized lines of chemical products. The ideal Plant Controller will be Degreed in Accounting or Finance with at least five (5) years experience in accounting, the chemical/petroleum refining industry, and/or plant inventory and costing. The Plant Controller will be responsible for closing the books, budgeting and forecasting, and supporting the operations group. This role will also have two direct reports and the possibility to grow within the company. Please email Kourtney Kadrich at firstname.lastname@example.org to start your exciting new career!!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Analyzes plant variable and fixed costs; Provides reporting as required
- Prepares and provides plant cost center owners with monthly detailed expense reports and works with them to understand and document variances vs. budget, forecast, and prior year.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts at the plant.
- Supports Plant Manager in efforts to control fixed and variable costs in accordance with budgeted / forecasted spend. For example, this may include working on ways to increase real time cost visibility and identifying potential targets for cost efficiency improvements.
- Participates on the local capital projects vetting team and acts as plant financial expert in all capital matters.
- Leads plant annual budgeting process.
- Leads plant monthly forecasting process.
- Ensures monthly financial close for the plant is completed in a disciplined and timely manner that complies with the Corporate financial closing calendar.
- Directly or indirectly supervises Financial Analysts who help prepare journal entries, which the Plant Controller approves. Financial Analysts act as liaisons between Finance and Operations to enable plant cost center owners to better understand their costs.
- As needed, prepares manual journal entries, performs account reconciliations, may perform billing for third party contracts at local site if applicable.
- Ensures consistent accounting treatment for similar transactions across all plants and ensures that operating costs are accounted for in accordance with GAAP.
- Supports Sarbanes Oxley compliance by ensuring that identified key control procedures are implemented, performed, and properly documented for testing and conducting periodic testing of such controls.
- Actively participates, as directed by the Operations Controller in projects that may involve other plant locations as well as local plant.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or similar
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in accounting, in the chemical and/or petroleum refining industry which includes experience in plant inventory and/or costing
- Strong technical accounting knowledge - i.e. GAAP- production and inventory costing, capital asset accounting
- Experience with month-end close, forecasting, budgeting, reconciliations, and variance analysis
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- ERP system experience - Oracle experience a plus
- Strong and proven spreadsheet skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- MBA is preferred
Please email Kourtney Kadrich at email@example.com to start your exciting new career!!
skills: Budgeting, Forecasting, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.