Are you a BA/BS or MS graduate with 1-2 years of accounting hands-on experience?
Mid-size law firm in Manhattan is looking to add a new team member to its Accounting department on a Contract-to-Hire basis. Great opportunity to join collaborative and fast paced environment.
Great personality and communication skills is a must!
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Monthly recurring journal entries for partner accounting and monthly journal entries for the tax team
- Preparing and providing cash flows and income verification's letters, including interactions with banks as required.
- Preparing quarterly reconciliations of partner payroll, overview of compensation and additional payments to partners and partner status.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly partner draws/distributions schedules and timely submission to payroll, including reviewing and reconciling withholding payments, foreign exchange rates, personal expenses and preparing journal entries
- 1-2 years of General Accounting Experience in a professional services or corporate environment.
- B.A. in Accounting/Finance mandatory.
- Good Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, V-lookup)
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.