We are actively searching for a Bookkeeper for a Client in the Brentwood, TN area for a direct Hire opportunity, looking to start the ideal candidate, immediately.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the timely and accurate input, processing and reporting of the computerized accounting system as assigned. This position applies accounting principles and prepares monthly and annual financial reports as required by management.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $46,000 - 48,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports accurately and timely, by the tenth of the month, and delivers to Portfolio Manager for review and approval.
- Prepares bank card reconciliations.
- Reviews cash flow and on line bank accounts on a daily basis, to maintain necessary funds for operating and capital expenditures and advises Portfolio Manager as needed.
- Collects rent from Tenants and tracks delinquent rents, sends rent reminders and late notices and reports potential defaults to Portfolio Manager. Assists in collections and default proceedings as needed.
- Enters Tenant payments, charges, and maintains tenant ledgers (lease renewals, reimbursements).
- Creates monthly charges for management fees.
- Updates and monitors monthly calendar to work through affiliate and property accounting needs and sets alerts in calendar for date sensitive items.
- Performs full charge accounting responsibility for special properties and projects as assigned.
- Responsible for setting up new bank accounts or transferring of current accounts.
- Adheres to full checks and balances in place in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Performs year-end reporting to accountants for special projects and affiliates and assists Portfolio Manager with annual pass through billings and charge entries.
- Prepare year-end pass through calculations & invoices as needed.
- Prepares information for annual tax appeals and confers with Portfolio Manager.
- Prepares and mails 1099 reports to vendors at year end.
- Backs up incoming phone calls as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and client information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- High school diploma or GED is required; Bachelor's degree in Accounting is preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience;(Prior experience in construction or commercial real estate a plus.)
If qualified and interested, please send resumes to Brittany Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.