The Underwriter completes underwriting for residential mortgage loan applications including pre-approvals, equity loans and equity lines of credit.
Performs back-up responsibilities to Loan Processor.
Performs all tasks in compliance with established bank policies and procedures, all State, Federal and Secondary Market Guidelines.
location: Peabody, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 3 Years
The position requires an extreme attention to detail, time management skills and robust analysis skills. Extensive knowledge of income, credit, asset and collateral standards required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of recent underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of the lending requirement, regulations and procedures for DO, DU, LP, HMDA, FNMA / FHLMC and Secondary Market.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Underwriting experience with various engines is preferred
qualifications: Interested? Please call or email to Chris Smith at 781-897-5216 or firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Banking Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.