We are seeking a motivated individual to join a rapidly growing global consulting firm as their new Staff Accountant. This company has recently merged with a global leader and now boasts a total global staff of 4,000 employees operating in more than 40 locations. Reporting to the Americas' Head of Finance, you will play a key role managing the day to day payables, receivables and accounting functions for the company. Ideally you will have strong knowledge of all aspects of Accounts Payable, including purchase orders, journal entries and financial statements.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Maintain and perform the Purchase Order / Procurement system including coordinating with requisitioning personnel and properly maintaining purchase orders on QuickBooks.
- Maintain and perform standard journal entries and any other journal entries required to properly close the company financial statements, to ensure all entries are prepared.
- Print statements and backup required for inclusion in month end book. Prepare year-end account reconciliations for all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist in developing the Enhanced Inventory System in QuickBooks.
- Maintain and perform the Accounts Payable system from invoice receipt through check runs, on the QuickBooks accounting system, to electronic filing of matched paperwork.
- Maintain and perform the Accounts Receivable system from printing and sending of monthly statement of accounts to collection of past due accounts to coordination of recording customer payments in QuickBooks.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled payrolls on QuickBooks completely through the filing of payroll taxes and recording of benefits, to ensure correct deductions are being applied.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply here or contact Nigel Butler at email@example.com with Randstad Professionals for an immediate and confidential conversation.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a Bachelor's degree in business with emphasis in accounting is not required, but strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of job costing is recommended.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
- Must be skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have good verbal and written skills.
- Must have strong work ethic, including willingness to meet important deadlines.
- Two to four years of accounting experience highly preferred.
skills: Quickbooks, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close, Year End Close, Purchase Orders
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.