job summary: Tax Analyst
Real Estate Investment Company in Boca Raton has an immediate need for a Tax Analyst. The Tax Analyst will assist in maintaining compliance with all REIT qualifications in order to maintain the Company's REIT status. The Tax Analyst will assist Senior Management with the REIT due diligence process. This is a great position to gain valuable work experience and further their career. Apply today!
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
- Prepare and monitor income tax provisions and related GAAP disclosures
- Assist with monitoring REIT compliance and forecasting taxable income, tax characterization of dividends and the REIT income and asset tests.
- Assisting with the automation and maintenance of daily REIT compliance reporting and coordinating with risk, compliance, tax, and public reporting groups
- Prepare income test calculations to determine qualifying versus non-qualifying income.
- Reviews the REIT's quarterly asset test and discount cash flow calculations.
- Prepares documentation to support the REIT's compliance with the organizational REIT requirements.
- Prepares the REIT's distribution requirements, taxable income, Earnings & Profits (E&P) forecasting and 1099-DIV reporting.
- Prepares documentation to support the Taxable REIT Subsidiaries (TRS)
- Documents the REIT's built-in gain and prohibited transaction tax implications on a quarterly basis.
- Analyzes the REIT's compliance and assist with audit and review process.
- Review/Prepare transfer pricing journal entries to ensure compliance between the REIT and TRS.
- Prepares supporting documentation for the transfer pricing annual update and coordinate with outside tax advisors.
- Assists with the REIT 1120-REIT tax return review and preparation of the REIT attachments and schedules.
- Prepare REIT due diligence process that analyzes all business opportunities and determines whether the contracts are qualifying REIT contracts or non-qualifying TRS contracts.
- Maintains documentation to support Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Assists with requests related to REIT income tax audits.
- Develops, documents and implements tax policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience in taxation
- Master's degree and CPA certification are highly desirable
- Experience with Federal & State Tax and REIT Compliance
- Experience with REIT qualifications and maintaining REIT status.
- Must have federal tax return experience. Knowledge of OneSource a plus.
- A sufficient understanding of accounting and financial statements
skills: Account Reconciliation, Asset Management, Analysis, Audit-Internal, Account Opening - Banking, Audit - External, Analysis - Brand/Market, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.