We are seeking a motivated individual to join a rapidly growing technology driven fuel delivery company as their new Staff Accountant. This company has recently acquired several leaders in the space and now boasts a total revenue of over $800 million. Reporting to the CFO, you will play a key role managing the general ledger for three companies and will assist in ensuring tax accuracy on customer invoicing. Ideally you will have strong knowledge of all aspects of the General Ledger, AR and AP processes. You're a team player, collaborative, and ready for a busy, high volume department.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Maintain General Ledger entries in Great Plains.
- Prepare Account Reconciliations and books for 3 small companies in the Diesel Direct Portfolio.
- Prepare financial statements and bank account reconciliations.
- Problem solve various accounting issues related to depreciation, revenue accrual, accounts payable accruals, intercompany charges, etc.
- Correspond with vendors monthly to reconcile fuel loan accounts.
- Assist in the development of reports and queries to analyze company performance.
- Assist in the timely filing of monthly fuel tax returns.
- Monitor tax rates and law changes.
- Verify tax accuracy on sales invoices by reviewing new customers and validating taxes.
- Engage in the customer setup process.
- Assist in timely resolution of notices and correspondence from tax authorities.
- Assist in fuel licenses/permits compliance.
- Facilitate routine fuel tax audit questions.
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply here or contact Brittany Scancarella at email@example.com with Randstad Professionals for an immediate and confidential conversation.
- Microsoft Great Plains experience preferred but not required.
- Experience within the motor fuel industry indirect tax field preferred but not required.
- Experience as general ledger or staff accountant.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant area preferred.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, problem solve and analyze data, resolve issues independently.
- Team player able to work in a cooperative environment while managing tasks independently.
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Bookkeeping, Accruals, Consolidations, Corporate Tax, Cost Accounting, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, GAAP, AP, AR, Month-End Close, Depreciation, Year End Close, Revenue Accounting, Revenue Recognition, IFRS, A/P Processing, A/P Review, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.