Randstad is seeking an experienced Financial Counselor with Healthcare experience for a 3 to 6 month contract with a well known hospital in Los Angeles. Qualified candidates should immediately reply to this posting for consideration.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 17 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Financial Counselor advises, trains and orients support staff
- Serves as a resource on third-party reimbursement policies and contracts
- Facilitates processing of more complex patients and third-party payer issues
- Performs utilization review for HMO patients
- Interfaces with patients and third-party payers to ensure eligibility and authorization of services
- Identifies alternative financial sources for services and facilitates processing of application/approval
- 2 to 4 years experience in a health care environment
- Experience with financial reimbursement, utilization management, and government programs
- Knowledge of pre-authorizations and reimbursement regulations pertaining to Medi-Cal and CCS and other government programs
- Good knowledge of medical and insurance terminology
skills: Medical Terminology, Medical Billing, Patient Financial Services
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.