job summary: Senior Technical Accountant Dynamic large private technology company is currently seeking a Senior Technical Accountant for their corporate accounting team. This role will handle technical accounting projects, accounting policy, special projects, and external reporting. Qualified candidates will have 3-6 years of Big 4 public accounting or mixed public/industry background.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: About the role
As a Senior Technical Accountant, you will be responsible for assessment of all technical accounting matters. You will provide technical accounting support and analysis to the Corporate Controller and CFO. Interacting closely with the GL Accounting team, FP&A team, finance team, as well as across the organization & third party consultants you will ensure accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards. You will also have the opportunity to assist in special projects and process improvements. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in monthly financial close, in technical areas including equity expense accounting, software capitalization & reviews
- Cash-flow preparation from raw data
- Technical accounting research and technical memo in preparation for new accounting standards (including ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers, ASC 842 Leases), leading and participating with recommendation/support for changes in accounting transition & processes, and technical accounting support.
- Preparation of financial statements, including notes to financial statements annually, and monthly preparation of management reporting packages & flux explanations
qualifications: Required Skills:
- Current CPA license in good standing, with technical accounting experience
- Technical accounting research and technical memo writing experience
- 3+ years of audit, from Big 4 highly desirable
- Accounting or Finance degree
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.