job summary: Multi-Billion dollar Privately Owned Distribution Company headquartered in White Plains, NY seeks an experienced Credit Manager.
The Credit Manager will take ownership of a large portfolio of clients and evaluate customer credit worthiness. The Credit Manager should be intelligent and intuitive and have a strong knowledge of the business market with an ear to the street. He / She must be able to see past D&B reports to create a clear and accurate picture of the client's financial status.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Financial Statement analysis - prepare detailed ratio, and other analysis on a variety of financial statements with the use of Excel. Review, analyze and explain Notes to financial statements. Evaluate and support credit decisions based on review.
- Obtain and evaluate credit references.
- Obtain and evaluate D&B reports, and D&B contracts.
- Communicate clearly with Senior Management and sales force,
- Visit selected customers to obtain additional credit information, and support sales (Estimate - 25% domestic travel.)
- Effect collections through verbal, and written communications with customers, lawyers, and other representatives.
- Manage shared analytical and collection staff.
- Prepare detailed, clear, and frequent senior management reports.
- Update systems to improve reporting.
- Maintain, update and standardize credit policy.
- Update and maintain credit files.
- Clearly calculate and collect late fees.
- Report and assist resolution of customer claims.
To be considered, candidates must have
- Excellent financial statement analytical skills, and credit evaluation.
- Solid working knowledge of bankruptcy rules, particularly in areas of preference, reclamation, critical vendor status.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel in conjunction with financial statement analysis.
- Detailed oriented with great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be proactive when problem solving
- Minimum of 5 years in Trade Credit Management
- MBA preferred
skills: Corporate Credit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.