Telecommunication company in Daly City, CA is seeking a Transactional Tax Accountant to join their accounting team. Transactional Tax Accountant will be reporting to the Tax Director.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare, review and reconcile data reports downloaded from Avalara/SureTaxTimely and accurately prepare transactional (telco/sales/use) tax returns
- Prepare sales tax registrations and submit them accordingly to state and local requirements
- Conduct preliminary tax research and taxation forms using online tax tools
- Two years experience of sales and use tax compliance or related work in public or private accounting, or equivalent experience; preferably with SaaS and/or digitized/online products experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with business background
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications especially Excel as well as strong analytical, reporting and data querying skills
- Experience with CCH, Avalara and/or NetSuite preferred
skills: Excel, TAX, Netsuite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.