Project Accountant will manage the overall project accounting process across the assigned geography/project.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Partner with clients and account personnel to develop the project scope, justification, estimates, funding requests, contractual agreements, building specifications, project deliverables and budget plans. Ensure project deliverables and budgets support business and company objectives.
- Act as the primary liaison for project accounting to all client representatives and account team members involved with the project.
- Provide professional project accounting support for all projects within the portfolio.
- Track status of approved projects and maintain financial records for all projects.
- Perform financial and general accounting functions including: project accounting & budgeting, project cost/commitment analysis/reporting and support to management.
- Review, document & manage the process for preparing and issuing client invoices for project fees. Report quarterly on invoice statuses for fee eligible projects.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Provide accounting and financial support to management and client, including monthly project financial reports and account analyses.
- Provide adhoc reports for internal and external customers as requested.
- Assist with preparation of project close-out package including: acceptance letters, invoices and backup for all fee eligible projects.
- 2+ years experience specifically in project accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledge of SAP Software or other enterprise accounting platform a plus.
skills: Project Accounting, Project Cost
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.