We are seeking a motivated individual to join a growing national CPA firm as their new Senior Auditor in Boston. In this newly established position, alongside the Audit Manager you will serve as an experienced member of the audit team, with a specific focus on retirement plan, multi-employer benefit plans and membership organizations with local clients. Ideally your will have a strong understanding of GAAP and forms LM-1 and LM-2.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Obtains and documents a basic understanding of clients' internal control policies and procedures; tests operating effectiveness.
- Completes audit work papers and performs audit testing procedures on audit areas fundamental to the financial statements.
- Assists the manager in preparing financial statements including required footnotes and supplemental schedules.
- Help develop audit plans and audit work paper templates (in coordination with audit manager).
- Execute audit tests (internal control and substantive) using approved audit plans and standardized audit work paper templates.
- Review audit work papers completed by staff prior to submission to audit manager.
- Help troubleshoot potential exceptions (i.e. obtain additional documentation/clarification to support/refute potential exceptions noted during field work testing).
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply here or contact Nigel Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org with Randstad Professionals for an immediate and confidential conversation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- A minimum of 2 years of audit, accounting, or financial and management advisory services with knowledge of GAAP and GAAS is required
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Familiarity with Word and Excel
- CPA not required however 150 credit hour eligibility and pursuit of certification is encouraged
- Candidates must have a vehicle that can be used for work travel
skills: Audit - External, Certify/Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.