job summary: Job Description Job Title:
Accounting Supervisor Summary:
Responsible for ensuring that all corporate and subsidiary accounting functions are properly performed and results are properly recorded. Specific duties include maintaining and improving the financial processes of company's ERP system, corporate and subsidiary accounting close, financial statement account analyses, adherence to maintain and/or improve existing internal controls over financial reporting, ad hoc financial analysis, and special projects.
location: Foothill Ranch, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Essential Functions of the position include, but are not limited to;
Manager/Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of periodic forecasts (Quarterly/Annually)
- Responsible for the management of Accounts Payable/Receivable staff
- Prepare and analyze cash flow forecasts in order to support the company's working capital needs
- Prepare and manage the month-end close process within the company's month-end reporting timeline for corporate and its subsidiaries
- Assist in the preparation and analyses of the consolidation reporting package to Japanese parent
- Ensure accounting records are recorded in accordance
- Ensure compliance with company finance policies and internal controls
- Maintain and develop accounting practices to address any new regulatory changes that impact the company and its subsidiaries' financial statements
- Review the work of direct reports in connection with the month/quarter end close process to ensure such entries recorded are reasonable and consistent
- Preparation and review of business strategy plans and forecasts for new business ventures and provide recommendations based on internal research
- Regular work site attendance
- Customarily and regularly exercises independent discretion and judgement
Manages 2-3 subordinate employees in the Accounting department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with resolution of finance related systems issues and implementation projects for corporate and its subsidiaries
- Assist in the management of the company's periodic audits from its external auditors
- Assist in the analysis and improvement of existing accounting system and processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as assigned
- Assist in making key business decisions by providing special analysis
- Adhere to company policies, ISO requirements, safety and quality
- Support continual improvement efforts
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Strong cost accounting and consolidated financial reporting
- CPA designation preferred, but not required
- Understanding of IFRS 15 and/or ASC 606 a plus
- Excellent team player, problem solver with a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Ability to work independently (and with limited supervision) while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and departments at all levels within the organization
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze detail and perform structured decision-making on a daily basis.
- Must be capable of managing multiple priorities effectively and be able to identify and recommend best course of action from several alternatives.
- Quality oriented
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High degree of initiative and ownership, attention to detail, and the discipline to follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills both internally and externally with suppliers
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Bachelor's degree (BS/BBA) in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university; and 3+ years of related experience and/or training. COMPUTER SKILLS
Demonstrate ability to effectively use computer and applicable computer software. Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Experience with large ERP TRAVEL
Must be able and willing to travel (up to 20%) for internal meetings as required, both domestically and internationally. Willing to travel by plane to locations in other states/countries.
skills: General Ledger, Financial Statements, Journal Entries, Bookkeeping, Accruals, Consolidations, Cost Accounting, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Financial Reporting, Conversions, Due Diligence, Bank Reconciliations, GAAP, Joint Ventures, Month-End Close, Depreciation, Sarbanes-Oxley, capital expenditures, International Accounting, Year End Close, SOX, IFRS, Capitalization, Audit - Internal, International Financial Reporting, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.