Global food company in San Leandro, CA is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to provide temporary coverage due to increased workload. Human Resources Generalist will be reporting to the Human Resources Manager and work in a team of 2. Human Resources Generalist will work on 2 projects involving California Law Compliance and Wage Analysis.
location: Burlingame, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Responsible for assisting the HR manager in all core HR processes and tools including labor requirements, training needs, and strategies to reduce employee turnover and improve the employee experience; and supporting ongoing business needs for the HR team.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations matters; partnering with the leadership team and managing employee relations, contributing to overall employee engagement.
- Facilitate development and monitoring of employee performance improvement plans.
- Ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed; assessing the impact of business decisions on workforce and provides solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides.
- Ensures local state & government compliance in areas such as wage and hour, EEO/AA and Immigration (ICE). Ensures consistent administration of company policies and procedures. Facilitates, monitors and performs management and employee training.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; establish and maintain relationship with staff, management and employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Human Resources
- 1- 3 years Human Resources experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely answer questions and convey information to employees & management team.
- HRIS software experience such as Success Factors preferred
- Union Human Resources experience preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Click to apply.
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.