Established higher end family office investment firm in Palo Alto is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for their team. This role will support the Controller with a variety of accounting activities from the month-end close, financial reporting, investment accounting, and AP functions (20-30 invoices a week). Excellent perks/benefits as well as work life balance and great environment. Qualified candidates will have 4-5+ years of general accounting experience. Investment Accounting is a plus. BS Degree.
location: Los Altos, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Records daily investment transactions, prepares monthly reconciliations and coordinates with internal and external investment teams on accounting and investment issues
- Records Accounts Payable transactions of multiple business entities including auto debits, prepares journal entries and account reconciliations, maintains full e-record of transaction history, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintains and tracks full record of tax documents on internal and external systems and coordinates with tax firms, custodians and investment companies on tax issues
- Assists other senior accountant reviewing credit card transactions and supporting documents and prepares accounting entries; reviews work provided by the other senior account when needed; supports the other senior accountant's responsibilities as backup
- Assists in month end and year end closing, annual financial and other audits and tax filings
- Assists Controller and CFO in other ad hoc projects and takes the initiative to address questions
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance desired
- 4-5+ years of GL/Senior Accountant experience; prior Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Detail and deadline oriented, responsive with strong work ethic
- Strong Excel skills; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP software preferred
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player; able to produce work accurately and timely
- Proactive in taking on new tasks and problem solving on the go
- Works well in a dynamic office environment; positive attitude and orientation of client service at all times
- Must possess high degree of integrity, respect for others and trust to handle complex and sensitive financial and personal information
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.