One of the most innovative and exciting organizations, we have an amazing opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our fast-growing company. This position will report to our Procurement Manager who will invest time in the Procurement Specialist's professional growth and development. The Procurement Specialist will play a strategic role in supporting functional parts of the business, including but not limited to, Marketing, HR, Facilities IT, Engineering, Education, etc. The Procurement Specialist role will lead the company in daily procurement functions and assist the Procurement Manager with other procurement related tasks as necessary. This role will be an individual contributor on an existing 1-person procurement team and will need the ability to work independently and be self-motivated. This position frequently meets and collaborates with employees outside of the finance organization, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required. Finally, candidates must be prepared to work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Create purchase orders and while reviewing supporting documentation to ensure accuracy
- Read and review supplier contracts and create subsequent purchase orders
- Provide training and support to internal business partners on procurement processes & policies
- Review supplier set-up forms and ensure proper accounting set-up in company ERP
- Work with accounts payable and business partners to resolve payment issues and questions
- Work with internal business partners to help streamline their procurement activities
- Assist across various departments to ensure timely and accurate renewals
- Support ad-hoc projects as required
- Assist with identifying and creating streamlined process fixes
- Assist with writing internal communications
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting/Finance/Supply Chain Management)
- 3-5 years' Procurement experience
- Significant procurement process and policy knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Prioritizes workload independently based on Company and department priorities and goals
- Prior interaction with a global procurement process and systems
- Proficiency with other applications such as Salesforce, MS Office, Intacct, etc. desired
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com and include a copy of your resume.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.