Fast growing publicly traded clinical-stage biotech company is looking for a VP Accounting & Finance. Reports to the CFO overseeing all finance, accounting and operations.
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $250,000 - 270,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
- Provide strategic oversight on accounting operations and financial systems
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP
- Manage financial information systems design, implementation, enhancement, monitoring and controls
- Responsible for the annual and quarterly financial statements for inclusion in the Company's SEC reports
- Support other SEC filings, including proxy statements and registration statements
- Coordinate corporate tax reporting and preparation of tax returns with outside tax accountants
- Implement and ensure adherence to accounting policies and procedures; Oversee technical accounting
- Manage annual financial audit
- Maintain internal controls for key processes and SOX compliance
- Manage Disclosure Committee with Legal
- Participate in Audit Committee reporting and meeting
- Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Oversee financial operations including A/P, billing and A/R
- Partner with FP&A for internal reporting, R&D accruals and revenue recognition, budgets, forecasts and special projects
- Oversee day-to-day banking operations, investment management and other treasury functions
- Oversee payroll and related activities
- Oversee stock administration
15+ years of experience (biotech industry preferred)
Thorough knowledge of SEC rules and regulations
Experience with system implementation
Click to Apply.
skills: Budgeting, SEC Reporting, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.