Great opportunity with rapidly growing company in Orange County! We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist who is capable of working well independently, and who understands the importance of confidentiality and discretion. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, highly organized, and very detail-oriented person!
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Process Multi-state & Multi-site payroll for approximately 1,000 employees working with ADP Workforce now.
- Performing all payroll functions including bi-weekly payroll processing, deductions, adjustments, analytical review, audit and reconciliation; maintaining all necessary back-up documentation for payroll transactions and communicating with local agencies to manage payroll deductions and payments.
- Ensure activities are in accordance with policy, procedures, regulations, and guidelines; coordinate with all internal departments as needed while providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Process final checks according to state specific regulations, investigate payroll discrepancies, etc.
- Process data updates and status changes for employees
- Bi-weekly reconciliation of benefit deductions in Payroll database vs online benefit portal deductions
- Enter changes/updates into the online benefit portal ensuring the accuracy of the information entered
- Coordinate notification for leaves of absence with HR Generalist
- Maintain personnel files, confidential medical files, and payroll files for all employees while keeping employee records organized and maintaining strict confidentiality
- Work closely with the Finance Team to facilitate quarterly and year end reports
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 5 years high volume payroll processing experience required
- 2-3 years benefit related experience preferred
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude and proactive
- Excellent spelling, grammar and editing skills required
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to perform well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of employees
- Must possess strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel software programs preferred (or equivalent)
- Certified Payroll Professional desirable
skills: Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.