As the Fund Accountant, your primary role will entail the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual processes associated with the variety of investor funds and other entities that are under management. Communications to the owners and investors on a monthly and quarterly basis will be a role the Fund Accountant takes part in, as well as, providing support to the accounting and finance team, senior leadership, and the organization as a whole. The organization seeking the role is a full-service real estate organization that provides a variety of services including acquisitions, repositions, development, asset management, construction, and leasing. A fast growing organization seeking quality over quantity, that prides itself in their community involvement will provide a fun and respectful work environment.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Support a variety of departments in all accounting needs for all investor fund owned assets.
- To ensure that all financial data and reports meet the accuracy and integrity standards set forth for multiple entities.
- Utilizing accounting software for processing invoices to create payable batches for approval and payment.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly journal entries for recording income, expenses and changes in assets and liabilities for multiple entities.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly investor fund and fund LLC-related financial reports, preparation of monthly journal entries, closing the books, preparing financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Quarterly preparation of investor fund financial reports as well as related footnotes and supporting schedules.
- Transactional oversight in regards to the preparation of partnership tax returns and K-1's.
- Provide assistance and support with annual fund audits.
- Preparation of opening and closing entries for completed transactions.
- Performs special projects and other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- A minimum of one year accounting experience.
- Previous Fund experience highly preferred.
- MRI Real Estate Accounting Software experience highly preferred.
- YARDI software experience a plus.
- Microsoft office experience with proficiency in Excel.
- General understanding of GAAP.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of trust & integrity.
Please send resumes to email@example.com for review.
skills: Account Reconciliation, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.