job summary: Corporate Controller High tech manufacturing company in Vacaville, CA is currently seeking a Corporate Controller for their team. This position will support and manage all functions within accounting including audits, cost/inventory accounting, corporate accounting, accounting analysis, financial reporting, rev rec, AP, AR, payroll, treasury, taxes, etc. This company has a lot of upside and the role would be looked at to help refine their manufacturing finance / accounting process and build out accounting functions as they scale. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience including a couple years of public accounting experience.
location: Fairfield, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $190,000 - 210,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
: Corporate Controller Mission of Role
: Build a world class accounting team that implements and maintains financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems needed for successful planning and decision-making. Location:
Vacaville, CA External Relationships Primary Areas of Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of accounting operations including financial reporting, consolidations, revenue recognition, AP, AR, inventory, payroll and taxes
- Plan, organize and direct all the activities of inventory costing including inventory valuations, reconciliations, intercompany transfers and preparing inventory month end entries and accruals
- Maintain accurate and timely GAAP books that provide useful and actionable Management Information
- Own monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes and reporting. Setup and monitor the month end close tasks and close schedules on a timely basis.
- Develop and lead a top tier accounting team that works collaboratively to deliver accurate and timely financial information and proactively drives continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures over day-to-day transactions that incorporate sufficient internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data and reporting
- Review analysis of monthly financial statement activity with finance leadership & assist with special projects as needed
- Interface with Human Resources and manage the processing and reporting for all compensation-related cash and equity transactions
- Interface with outside auditors, tax preparers, and advisers, and provide all schedules and data needed for timely compliance with reporting deadlines
- Lead appropriate efforts to minimize taxes including property and sales tax. Be the in-house expert on the Company's various tax requirements.
- Review contracts to ensure accurate accounting treatment. Track and analyze contract and loan provisions to ensure compliance.
- Work with IT on projects relating to systems upgrades and implementations for the accounting team
- Maintain relationships with banks, outside accounting service providers, auditors and tax firms for smooth accounting and financial management
- Serve as finance liaison with other departments across the organization
qualifications: Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of relevant financial & accounting experience, with progressively more responsibility
- 5+ years of direct experience in a Controller or similar role
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing or consumer product organization
- Familiarity with the accounting & reporting issues that face early stage or high growth companies
- Experienced with the accounting & reporting for complex debt and equity instruments
- Familiarity with the setup and maintenance of financial management and budget control systems
- Experience interfacing with external auditors and advisers
- Experienced with ERP systems evaluation and implementation
- Conversant in GAAP and IFRS accounting rules.
- Familiar with tax compliance and reporting
- Conversant with payroll and HR requirements
skills: General Ledger, Cost Accounting, CPA, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.