Staff Accountant (Tax and General Ledger)
Dynamic mid-size growth financial services company is currently seeking a Staff Accountant that can support the corporate accounting team around both tax compliance and provisions as well as part time support the general ledger team around GL reconciliations, month-end close, and other special projects. Great company with a track record of promotions! Rated a Best Mid-size Company to work with!
Qualified candidates will have 1-4 years of progressive experience within public accounting or industry experience. Taxation experience is required. General Ledger background can be taught.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: JOB SUMMARY
The Staff Accountant (Tax and General Ledger) will provide support for a variety of finance functions, which may include tax filings and provisions, general ledgers, monthly accounting close activities, treasury operations and other finance and accounting projects. ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with preparation of annual and interim income tax provision and footnote in accordance with U.S. general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist with the preparation and review of income tax, premium tax, indirect tax, and other state and local tax filings.
- Maintain tax calendar ensuring all tax filing requirements are met.
- Prepare journal entries, maintain financial records, and prepare account analysis and reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of monthly/quarterly financial statements for internal/external reporting; financial statements tie-out and accounts analysis.
- Prepare flux analysis and research accounting questions.
- Prepare schedules and respond to the requests from external and internal auditors.
- Provide support to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule 205 (MAR 205) documentation.
- Perform ad-hoc responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field (accounting, finance or economics) or equivalent work experience.
- One to four years of tax or general ledger experience is preferred, but not required.
- Public company or public accounting experience is also preferred, but not required.
- Must possess attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Experience with enterprise/GL systems preferred, but not required.
- Skill in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver on tight deadlines.
skills: Corporate Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.