Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting the FP&A Department and will be supporting the Company's financial forecast and reporting activities, including the annual budgeting process, monthly and quarterly forecasts and reporting of actuals, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. S/he will also provide supply chain support in developing supply/demand schedules, monitoring capacity and utilization, expanding capacity with economic analysis and supply chain management. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support 'optimal' business decision making. The role will also include key support of M&A activities, in terms of financial modeling and due diligence.
Email Kourtney Kadrich today at email@example.com!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Lead the development of the annual budget, and then track performance continuously;
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures;
- Monitor customer demand schedules, project out capacity planning and help the company make wise investment decisions around capacity utilization;
- Using NetSuite, set up and manage vendors, develop projects, and provide capital investment analysis around capital spending decisions tied to supply/demand forecasts;
- Get access to industry analyst reports to keep senior management aware of current happenings;
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances;
- Working with department heads to assist in understanding their costs and performance drivers -help the company become more cost conscious and focused;
- Reviewing financial models associated with capital development projects, asset investment decisions and M&A transactions;
- Using the latest financial techniques including DCF, ROIC, peer multiple comparisons, WACC, forward pricing, etc. to help drive sound business decisions;
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools;
- Quarterly and monthly financial reports for the company;
- Fully utilize our business intelligence tool NetSuite and develop real time dashboard reports;
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in investment decisions, margin and pricing improvement initiatives as well as new projects;
- Utilize existing and develop better financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives and ongoing decision making;
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred;
- 2-5 years' experience as an investment banking analyst, corporate planning analyst, manager of financial planning and analysis in the energy sector;
- Must have intimate knowledge and high skill levels in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and interfacing with ERP and BI systems...and must be quick in utilizing each of these tools;
- Would like working experience in a PE environment, sometimes under stress and short time frames;
- Strong motivational skills required.
- Energy industry experience preferred, sound experience and knowledge of midstream/oil field services important;
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision. The individual needs to be highly organized;
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated. Must be able to step away from the
- numbers and answer 'what is happening?' in the business. Must be a thinker as much as a doer;
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity;
- Must show the ability to get projects done on time, quick with analysis and reporting;
- Evidence of inherent drive, high energy level, intellectual curiosity, willingness to do what it takes to be a key contributor and top performer, and a sense of urgency to achieve business growth and success.
- Decisive and independent-thinking, though still solutions-oriented and appropriately collaborative and communicative.
Email Kourtney Kadrich today at firstname.lastname@example.org to start your career!
skills: Budgeting, Finance Model, Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.