Program Manager Rec :
The Program Manager will be responsible for directing and managing large and / or complex program and projects across the Company Card Services organization. The individual in this role will be part of the Card Services Business Engineering Team and will be assigned to manage high priority efforts with significant financial, process, organizational, and technology impacts. Key attributes include the ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior business leaders and other project and program sponsors within Card, quickly and comprehensively assess and address issues associated with supported initiatives, and the ability to identify and implement improvements within the overall project delivery process.
· Direct and manage multiple large and / or complex program and projects across Card Services
· Assesses resource needs and negotiates to obtain resources required/right size project as appropriate.
· Work closely with senior business leadership to define requirements and vet solutions
· Establish the approach and define the necessary work activities (projects, BAU, etc.) to achieve project / program's mission & vision, monitor & report progress, and address any program-level issues.
· Ability to integrate timeline, design and quality generally within the Card Line of Business, but may begin to extend across Lines of Business within Company
· Manages project expectations and message to Senior Management on scope decisions as well as negotiates trade-off discussions as appropriate.
· Manage budget for initiatives
· Research, implement and evaluate cutting edge project management improvement practices to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of current planning and execution processes
· Proactively identify and resolve issues that would present a risk to on-time implementation of programs or projects
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships across contributing teams, various Lines of Business's, senior technology management, business management, program sponsors, vendors, and business clients
· Ensure projects are completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture, and other relevant firm-wide guidelines
· Produce quality standard timely Project Management deliverables as in accordance with the Project life-cycle
· Act in a liaison capacity for Card Services Line of Business to external clients (Lines of Business, Vendors, etc.)
· Assesses resource needs and negotiates to obtain resources required/right size project as appropriate
· Motivate team members and effectively manage stakeholder expectations
· Influence change and communicate with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
Planning and delivering within card business - caring and feeding the card book of work planning for 2020.
They work with business owners in the card space for pricing, risk, identifying initiatives they want to support, how much it will cost, and begin the upfront planning; architects and program managers.
Correct framework, sequencing, status reports, progress checking (from 2-3 to 6-10 projects at any given time)
Making sure all aspects and team members are on track (business analysts, IT suppliers, top to bottom)
Company Risk program: 10 projects over the next 12-18 months
Direct and manager project managers - obtaining needs, working with senior leadership to make sure they have solid requirements, and time is being spent in the right areas, timelines being adhered to, managing the budget (hours on projects/variances)
NOT a technical PM, but working closely with the technical counterparts (No technically savvy PMs needed)
Making strategic decisions, give recommendations from a holistic view of the program, monitoring the high level of the program to ensure there are no gaps. Phone screen then face to face
They need to be organized, effective communication style, speaking to senior mgmt., strong relationships
Business charters - prior financial industry is important, WATERFALL METHODOLOGY IS DESIRED
Previous Banking experience is a plus - seasoned individual
12 months to start - hopeful to extend, and would be open to a permanent employee based on performance - normal business hours - no weekends or travel
Microsoft Office - Excel and PowerPoint, nothing crazy (all in house applications)
STACK RANK soft - Communication Skills, relationship skills, presentation skills/organization
STACK RANK hard - Banking experience
, waterfall would be secondary,
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross functional programs, projects and initiatives
- 8+ years of project management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong client relationship skills
- Excellent relationship and communication (written and verbal) skills, highly collaborative - can build rapport and credibility
- A demonstrated bias for action, creative problem-solving, and achieving fulfillment by "creating order out of chaos"
- Strong presentation skills
- Organized and methodical with a sharpened ability to multitask
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and decision making
· Ability to work well in a high-pressure and dynamic environment, to develop strong client relationships and manage by influence
· Ability to think out of the box and on their feet very quickly
· Expert knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies, Agile experience is a plus.
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.