job summary: Participations Finance Manager Immediate Position available for Major Entertainment Studio
This person is responsible for designing, preparing, analyzing and issuing participation accounting statements to producers, directors, writers, investors and talent based on contractual reporting. Assist the Executive Director in handling third party participation audits.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 36 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist the Executive Director with research of audit queries and analysis of audit claims.
- Meticulous initial review of participation statements prepared by the accounting staff.
- Assist statement preparers in their duties by providing instruction and feedback on procedures/processes.
- Manage workflow of statement preparation process from initial review to issuance of payment in order to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Set up first time statements based on approved templates and/or review them for completeness of formulas and data linking.
- Prepare complex statements, as needed.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other related accounting duties, as required.
- Financial, analytical and communication skills necessary to perform the administration of participation reporting.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work flow and prioritize multiple projects in various stages of completion.
- Familiarity with Participation accounting principles and television distribution accounting and terminology.
- Undergraduate degree specializing in Accounting, Business Administration and/or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 5 plus years' television and/or motion picture participation accounting experience in the entertainment industry.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and Outlook and accounting systems.
skills: MS Office, Financial Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.