This Cost Accountant position will be accountable for the ongoing analysis of process cost, margin analysis, budgeting, and forecast. The position must also construct and monitor those cost effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management. This position is located south of Cincinnati. You will receive an excellent benefits package with a thriving 401-K matching program that pays
individualized bonuses. The goal of this position is to groom a Cost Accountant for future leadership within the organization.
location: Ghent, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Lead and perform monthly close process for production cost of inventory.
- Monitor and analyze inventory transactions, ensuring the data is recorded properly in system and maintain accurate product costs.
- Lead bi-annual physical inventory for manufacturing site and outside warehouse facilities.
- Prepare and analyze reports for Management, Sales, and Operations. Reports will include manufacturing profitability reporting, cost reporting, margin reporting, etc.
- Financial planning analysis, including budgeting and forecasting and participation in strategic projects such as Trade Case counter veiling duty determination.
- Work with IT to make improvements in manufacturing, inventory, and cost systems to improve accuracy and completeness of financial and operational reporting.
- Review and analyze key income and balance sheet accounts. Direct/Indirect Costing, variance analysis, drive for root cause, trends and improvements.
- Work with external auditors and internal auditors to provide data for testing requirements.
- Prepare ad hoc reports from data base for immediate response to questions regarding cost and profitability information.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of inventory averaging and other Sarbanes Oxley and US GAAP compliance.
- Understand how production flows and how the Cost Systems accumulate information.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 3-4 years previous manufacturing costing experience required.
- Knowledge of Inventory Averaging and other Sarbanes Oxley and US GAAP
- Must also possess strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
skills: Variance Analysis, Cost Accounting, Inventory Physical, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.