The Senior Internal Audit will be responsible for planning, organizing and executing internal audits, which include financial, operational, compliance, SOX and IT.
location: Marlborough, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Ensure the organization fulfills its statutory and regulatory obligations in accordance with professional accounting and auditing standards.
- Evaluate compliance with key company policies and procedures.
- Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls and business processes over selected financial and operational cycles.
- Benchmark controls and procedures against generally accepted and leading industry practices.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of reporting and utilize data analytics to identify unusual trends or anomalies.
- Lead internal project teams and/or participate as a team member on projects requested by audit management.
- Understand an integrated view of controls over business processes, including financial, operational and IT general controls.
- Work closely with functional and regional managers to develop and document the project risk assessment for the project plan and scope, and draft applicable audit procedures.
- Document to re-performance standards the execution of specific audit procedures as defined by the engagement objectives and planned audit approach.
- Prepare or review deliverables to ensure they are presented in a clear, concise manner that effectively communicates issues to all relevant levels of management.
- Develop business partnering relationships with various levels of management, acting as a problem-solving resource, while continuously sharing best practices and recommending areas for improvement.
- Work with external auditors and Corporate SOX team as required through SOX 404 and year-end audit processes.
- Build quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to quality requirements and IIA guidelines.
How to Apply
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance required (CPA, CIA or CISA designation highly preferred).
- 2 - 4 years of progressive experience with a Big Four Public Accounting Firm, or combined experience with a large, complex multi-national company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting and internal controls.
- Solid understanding of the relationship of internal controls and business processes with financial statements and financial statement assertions.
- Complete fundamental knowledge of SOX 404 controls and requirements.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills - experience presenting to members of Senior Management required (e.g. persuasion, influence, conflict resolution).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20-30% of the year.
For immediate consideration, please forward a Word version of your resume to Jason.email@example.com
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.