We're looking for an Accounting Manager to scale our accounting function and support our rapid growth. You'll report to the Controller and will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting, tax, and financial reporting activities. You'll also help implement controls, processes, and systems to enable us to meet operational, reporting, and audit requirements as we scale.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Manage and streamline the month-end close process and activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Review international accounting packages for consistency and accuracy
- Manage the setup of new international legal entities and onboarding/training of accounting personnel in those locations
- Supervise international accounting teams and ensure they are adhering to established policies
- Execute system implementations where required
- Ensure adherence to internal controls and compliance with GAAP
- Work closely with external auditors to fulfill requests
- Increase accounting process efficiency by implementing new processes and technologies
- Assist with projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, licensed CPA preferred
- You have 5-8 years experience, preferably with a big four public accounting firm and startup/high-growth SaaS companies
- You have a strong understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- You're detail oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- You've supervised people in the past and are a strong team player
- You have strong communication and organization skills
- You're proficient in Netsuite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel
- You're passionate about accounting operations and are willing to roll up your sleeves
- You possess a growth mindset and have an insatiable desire to grow and learn
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.