The Payroll Coordinator should be able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting goals and deadlines, with a strong customer service orientation and good attention to detail. In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, be team oriented, and have confidence in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Process miscellaneous off-cycle checks including final paychecks, severance, etc.
- Timely resolve internal/external employee inquiries
- Support internal and external payroll audit requests
- Assist manager with special projects as required
- Stay knowledgeable on Payroll industry updates
- Assist with payroll processing for both semi monthly and biweekly payroll
- Assist in Payroll Monthly/Quarterly Close process
- Assist in Payroll Year-End Close process
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when communicating with employee
- Min 1-2 years full-cycle payroll experience - Required
- Experience using ADP (Pay Workforce Now), JIRA or other ticketing system, Workday a major plus
- Able to prioritize multiple projects, goals and deadlines
- Understanding of payroll related deductions (Commuter Benefits, FSA, ESPP ,401k contributions, Stock transactions etc)
- Ability to multi task fast paced environment
- Understanding of FLSA rules
- Team oriented and able to work with employees at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- College degree - Preferred
- Sense of humor - a must!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.