A Shelton area company, ranked in the top 500 of "America's Best Employers", is seeking a Senior Accountant. This company promotes from within and is looking for a candidate who will eventually be able to move into a manager role. The Senior Accountant will be support the month-end close process in conjunction with GAAP.
location: Shelton, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Month-end reporting, journal entry preparation and account reconciliations.
- Data analysis
- Assist with internal and external audit.
- SOX documentation
- Current and past trends reporting
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial statements
- Suggest and implement process improvements
- Support accounting for newly launched products, including revenue recognition.
- 5-10 years of experience in a global company
- BS in Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Prior ERP experience
- Public Accounting Experience with Big 4 a strong plus
: $80-90K, bonus potential
skills: Journal Entries, GAAP, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.