Tech company in Orange Counting seeking a Payroll Specialist
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly pay frequency; for an approx. total of 80-100 payroll checks per month.
- Reviews, corrects, ensures compliance with wage & hour laws, and approves hours worked and paid time off from the ADP Time Keeping system for importing into the Payroll system.
- Enters all payroll data: new hires, terminations, payroll changes, bonuses, taxable equity awards, employee voluntary changes, etc.
- Manually calculates withholding taxes, deductions, etc. on final payroll checks, severance payments, and other payroll-related payments not processed through payroll cycle.
- Processes garnishments, and responds to inquiring entity in regards to the employees' status.
- Maintains attendance records; provides Vacation/Sick Hours report to plant supervisors on a monthly basis.
- Maintains payroll records and employee personnel files.
- Processes monthly Headcount Report for Finance.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides payroll related documentation to internal and external payroll Auditors.
- Responsible for Employee Verification Requests.
- Responsible for Unemployment Claim and Disability Claims response.
- Responsible for new State Withholding and State Unemployment ID applications.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field or two years of fulltime payroll or accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ADP Payroll Workforce version 6 or above knowledge and experience.
- Payroll processing knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines, efficiently.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detailed oriented.
- Organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.